CECI… polenta made from chickpea flour…
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 pound chickpea flour (ceci, besan)
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onions powder
- heavy pinch each salt & pepper
- Place all ingredients in large bowl.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Pour into 1 quart sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir constantly with wooden spoon until thick and spoon leaves voids.
- Remove from heat and spatula into 9×9 baking dish.
- Wet spatula and smooth.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours to set.
- Cut into 3×3 rectangles.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in fry pan over medium heat.
- Fry one or two rectangles until dark brown on both sides (3 – 4 minutes per side).